The Michigan Fitness Foundation (MFF) is a nonprofit located in Old Town, Lansing. Our mission is to inspire active lifestyles and healthy food choices through education, environmental change, community events, and policy leadership.
POSITION: Evaluation Specialist
FTE: 1.0 FTE
EDUCATION: Advanced degree in a health, education, social science, biostatistics, or evaluation field.
DESCRIPTION: The Evaluation Specialist will join a dynamic and progressive team to oversee the evaluation efforts of Michigan Fitness Foundation to address the programming goals and objectives to improve lives and strengthen communities by helping people eat healthfully and be physically active.
- Provide evaluation and statistical analysis leadership that includes overall support for internal projects and external contracts.
- Independently or as part of a team conduct and participate in relationship building, training, compliance oversight, direct program evaluation, and communication of outcomes.
- Independently conduct reporting, analysis, and communication tasks using standard equipment.
- Conduct multiple data analysis projects within a single period of performance.
- Conduct on- and off-site field evaluation both indoors and outdoors in all weather.
- Participate in report, publication, and grant writing and other projects as assigned.
- Supervision of staff and oversight of projects as assigned.
- Travel independently both in state and out of state.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Comprehensive content expertise in program evaluation including design, qualitative, and quantitative methods of analysis, primary and secondary data analysis, meta-analysis, and data management.
- Advanced degree in a health, education, social science, or evaluation field required.
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree preferred; aligned experience may be substituted.
- Five or more years’ experience in evaluation of large projects with increasing levels of responsibilities, preferably in the public heath realm.
- Exhibit professional and collaborative leadership skills.
- Robust knowledge of statistical analysis and associated software tools.
- Strong writing skills.
- Must be able to attend periodic multi-day trainings and conferences, both in and out of state.
- Must be able to constantly operate standard office machines and constantly communicate with internal staff as well as external partners.
- Must be able to frequently remain in a stationary position as well as move about in the course of general duties.
- Will work in usual office working conditions where noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to provide proof of current, valid auto insurance.
Please send CV or resume, references, and a writing sample to: . Use the subject line: Evaluation Specialist position 2019.
Excellent benefits package offered. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
The Michigan Fitness Foundation is an at-will employer. The above position description describes the position currently available and is not intended to be an employment contract. The Michigan Fitness Foundation reserves the right to modify the duties or position description at any time. This position is located in Lansing and is considered to be exempt.
MFF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, height, weight, marital status, religion or other status or characteristics protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, and training.