The Exemplary Physical Education Curriculum (EPEC) provides educators with evidence-based tools to promote physical literacy for every student. Trainings are 3.5 hours in length and qualify for SCECH credit. Offered trainings include:
- EPEC K-5 (nutrition-enhanced and SNAP-Ed allowable)
- EPEC 6-12 (Life-time Activity Modules)
EPEC has been created to present developmentally-appropriate content that is standards-based. EPEC trainings are suitable for teachers new to EPEC and those wanting a refresher. If you are interested in attending an EPEC training, please register below. For questions regarding an EPEC training, please contact us at EPECemail@example.com (email link).
If EPEC K-5 curriculum is needed, it can be ordered on the Program Materials page.
If EPEC 6-12 curriculum is needed, please email us at EPECfirstname.lastname@example.org (email link).
Please allow two weeks for shipping of curriculum. Curriculum ordered less than two weeks before the training may be delivered at the training.
After attending this training, participants will be able to:
- describe high level key features of the EPEC curriculum (e.g., curricular scope and sequence, objective selection).
- list the components of the EPEC instructional materials.
- select developmentally appropriate lessons using the EPEC Teaching/Learning Progressions.
- list the instructional components of EPEC Instructional Segments.
- state key features of EPEC reinforcing activities.
- assess student performance using the EPEC assessment tools.