Michigan Fitness Foundation is a nonprofit located in Old Town, Lansing. Our mission is to inspire active lifestyles and healthy food choices through education, environmental change, community events, and policy leadership.
TEAM NUTRITION 22: NUTRITION EDUCATION AND EQUITY GRANT
NUTRITION EDUCATION CONSULTANT, TEAM NUTRITION
Nutrition Education Consultant, Team Nutrition
Part-time, temporary (2023-2024 school year, up to ten lessons per school per academic year). Time commitment will vary based on size of school and number of schools assigned.
$75/lesson plus, supply budget of $10/lesson and limited travel expenses will be covered.
The Nutrition Education Consultant provides Michigan Harvest to Table™ (MIHarvest™) nutrition education lessons to Michigan schools that have qualified for the Team Nutrition 22: Nutrition Education and Equity Grant.
Statewide (delivering lessons in up to two schools) in one of the following counties: Alger, Antrim, Cheboygan, Detroit, Eaton, Genesee, Houghton, Isabella, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Kent, Midland, Montcalm, Muskegon, Shiawassee, Tuscola, Van Buren, Washtenaw, and/or Zeeland.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor or Associate degree in education or health-related field.
- Classroom experience preferred.
- Plan and deliver ten MIHarvest™ lessons per local school academic year at up to two Michigan schools, using provided MIHarvest™ lessons and activities.
- Feature Michigan grown fruits and vegetables through distribution of MIHarvest™ Community Newsletter resource at pre-determined number of school events.
- Travel between schools to deliver lessons. Reliable transportation is required. Limited mileage will be reimbursed.
- Remotely attend and participate in monthly Team Nutrition meetings.
- Provide lesson progress information and data to Michigan Fitness Foundation Program Manager
- SNAP-Ed nutrition educators who are not already delivering SNAP-Ed programming full-time are welcome to apply with approval from supervisors.
- This is not a position with MFF. It is a contract position for an independent consultant to deliver services for the Michigan Department of Education Team Nutrition 22: Nutrition Education and Equity Grant, with whom Michigan Fitness Foundation is consulting.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your letter of interest and resume to Callie Zimmerman, email@example.com. Include Nutrition Education Consultant in the subject line.
View as PDF (Links to PDF in new window or right click to download)