The Michigan Fitness Foundation (MFF) is a nonprofit located in Old Town, Lansing. Our mission is to inspire active lifestyles and healthy food choices through education, environmental change, community events, and policy leadership.
POSITION: Front-End Web Developer
FTE: 1.0 FTE
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in web design or computer science preferred. 1-3 years experience may substitute for the degree requirement. This position is a mid-level position.
DESCRIPTION: The Michigan Fitness Foundation (MFF) Front-End Web Developer will, as a part of a team, contribute to overall web strategy and implementation. Responsibilities include coordinating and executing structural, functional, and aesthetic changes to MFF websites; creating and updating website content; and supporting MFF programs with website needs as they arise.
- Motivated self-starter with an intuitive mindset
- Ability to design and build websites from start to finish; from concepts and ideas to site launch
- Act as a project lead of new website development using standards-based HTML and CSS
- Make structural revisions and implement functionality enhancements to multiple websites
- Manage e-commerce using WooCommerce and Stripe
- Coordinate website content internally and externally with subject matter experts
- Stay current with web trends
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills, effective collaboration, and ability to work in teams
- Approaches position with a customer service mindset
- Manage multiple projects and varying deadlines
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Strong knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of WordPress Multisite a plus
- Knowledge of Facebook Pixels, Google Analytics, Tag Manager and SEO
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with responsive design for mobile-friendly sites
- Experience with PHP a strong plus
- Copy editing experience a plus
- Experience with 508 compliance; building accessibility features into websites, or, willingness to learn
- Excellent and timely communication skills
- Must provide links to creative portfolio of work (Personal, Behance, etc.)
- Remote position from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST during the pandemic with shift to in-office work when deemed safe. This position may remain remote with occasional in-person meetings and required trainings at Michigan Fitness Foundation in Lansing, Michigan.
- When in-office, must be able to work where noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments with telephones, interruptions, and background noises
- Must be able to operate standard office machines
- Must be able to frequently remain in a stationary position as well as move about during general duties
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to provide proof of valid auto insurance.
- US work authorization is required
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package offered.
- Technology package: computer, monitor, and applicable software/software licenses.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Michigan Fitness Foundation, ATTN: Chris Nowak
Please use the subject line: Front-End Web Developer
The Michigan Fitness Foundation is an at-will employer. The above position description describes the position currently available and is not intended to be an employment contract. The Michigan Fitness Foundation reserves the right to modify the duties or position description at any time. This position is located in Lansing and is considered to be exempt.
MFF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, height, weight, marital status, religion or other status or characteristics protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, and training.