We occasionally have the need to work with third-party vendors to help us in achieving our goals. All opportunities will be listed on this page as they become available.
Note: this is strictly for outside vendors looking to be hired by MFF on a contractual basis. If you are interested in the services we provide, please see our services page. If you are interested in receiving grant funding, please check out our grants page.
The Michigan Fitness Foundation seeks an instructional design review of Rec-Connect™: A Physical Activity Demonstration Playbook to ensure it is packaged and presented in a way that optimizes learning for low-income audiences and increased ease of use for organizations implementing Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) locally.
Michigan Fitness Foundation develops evidence-based curricula and educational materials for both physical activity and nutrition education. Our materials build the skills and knowledge needed for program participants to lead healthy lives. Rec-Connect™ is a physical activity demonstrations series meant to inspire people to be active every day. The playbook includes a set of planning tools that helps local community groups or organizations host physical activities demonstrations for all age groups – youth, families, adults, and seniors – using a community needs assessment and step-by-step physical activity guides.
Tasks / Deliverables
- Participate in introductory meeting between MFF Rec-Connect™ team (Project manager, Jocelyn Hayward and Evaluation Specialist, Kerri Vasold) to discuss project history, process, timeframes, and expectations.
- Provide meeting notes and a scope of work plan.
- Review existing playbook content: marketing one-pager, steps for success, community assessment, general and visiting instructor guides, 11 activity-specific guides and participant handouts, modification ideas, social media tips, and materials list.
- Make edits on existing playbook content to increase participant understanding of material and provide (in writing) specific recommendations to:
- Improve and/or simplify playbook content and format to engage learners and inspire them to increase physical activity.
- Strengthen the cultural relevance of materials to ensure appropriateness for participants that vary related to race and cultural background.
- Make edits on existing playbook content to increase ease of use for program facilitators at organizations implementing locally and provide (in-writing) suggestions on current options for converting the newly revised playbook to a digital tool/platform.
- Attend bi-weekly progress meetings with MFF Rec-Connect™ team.
- Provide meeting notes and updated scope of work plan as needed.
Anticipated 3 – 4 months; ideal timeframe would be completion by January 12, 2022.
Point of Contact
Questions about the RFP or requests for one 30-minute phone call to discuss the project in more detail should be directed to: Jocelyn Hayward, Project Manager, email@example.com
Proposals will be evaluated based on their alignment with the deliverables included in this RFP. Proposals should include 1) a work plan including timeframes, 2) associated budget with hourly rate and estimation of hours, and 3) key personnel with a brief summary of related training/experience. Potential contractors will be notified of their status on or before October 22, 2021.
Proposals should be submitted via email before 4:30pm EST, September 22, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Rec-Connect Playbook Proposal.
If you are interested in doing business with Michigan Fitness Foundation, but don’t see any opportunities listed that match your skill set, please enter your information in the form below. We will contact you when we have a need that corresponds to your area of expertise.